Saturday, September 5, 2009

Professional Photographer

Being a professional photographer is great. I love when clients return to me to get more photos taken, to be able to see their children grown, or even watch a relationship blossom. I love when clients pass my name onto friends and family and I get to capture a wedding or a maternity shoot that will soon turn into a newborn shoot.

To me, it's not about the money, it's about getting to know my clients, getting clients to trust me, getting laughs, smiles, giggles, maybe even tears from laughter. It's about having people bond right infront of my lens, so that I capture it.

I want to be able to feel what that person is feeling from within a photograph. It's about capturing beautiful moments as they happen. It's about touching and tugging on those heart strings just a bit.

I love what I do for a living, because I don't ever go to work and that's the best part about doing something that I love for a living. I can sit infront of my computer and edit wedding photos, maternity photos, family photos, and pet photos for hours and hours and not want to move. I love giving love to each and even photo that I capture, edit and send to my client.

I have been in the professional world for the past year, and before that I have taken schooling for what I want in life. Photography. That's what I have been studying for the past three years, and as of June 2010, I will walk across that stage to be handed my certificate. I can't wait. That's right I'm a full time photography student AND a full time photographer and love every minute of it.

I enjoy what I do for a living, I enjoy the people that I meet, the clients that respect me and my work. My work is an art, it's not just about pointing a camera at two people and clicking of a button. There's alot that goes into photography. From the right lighting situation, to the correct aperture to use, to the way you want the photograph to turn out. Our work is an art. Our passion. Our fire that drives us to capture more. It's our life. We professional photographers love what we do, we seek the beauty in everything.

1 comment:

Amy Donovan said...

Bethany, From the moement Anthony and I first chatted with you, we knew it felt right. You are a pleasure to work with. Your passion certainly comes through during the photoshoot.

Now, if I could just find something I love so I don't need to work a day in my life...hehe