Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fall is in the air

I had a lovely afternoon with a farmer from Windsor, NS. If you ever get the chance to head to Windsor for the day I recommend that you go visit Victor Olten and his wife Nova Dawn, as well as the rest of the family.

Now, this is not just a farm, this is a real farm! Theres ducks, chickens, turkeys, beef cows, sheep, emus, almost anything that you can think of, it's there. They also have pumpkins, apples, and a great meat shop.

So take a trip to Windsor and have a visit.
If you're going from Halifaxs heres the directions:
Head towards Windsor.Take Exit 5. turn left off the off ramp. Continue down this road for about 5-8 minutes. Turn left onto Chester Rd. Continue down this road for about 4 minutes and on the left hand you'll see lovely hilly fields. There's a sign at the bottom of the drive that says " Mike Oltens Quality Meats" You are finally there.

If you need a house number, just give me a call or email and I'll gladly give you it. I just don't have the number with me at the moment, it's in the car from last night.

Enjoy!

No comments: